It’s your turn to write to me! 🙂
As I have been creating my Book Proposal for Impostor Jesus I’m realizing that the information I want to share will be much more powerful if I have more that just one voice (mine) sharing it. It’s one thing to believe that I have found common lies and themes between my cultic upbringing and Evangelical Christianity as a whole, but I need to hear what other people have to say.
How you can help:
- Answer any or all of the three questions below, whatever pertains to you. You can answer them in a comment on this post, send me an email through the “Contact” page, or send me a message on my Facebook page.
- Share this post or the questions on my Facebook page with your friends and family and ask them to take the time to write me.
- Invite me to come and share my story with your group (I live in the Grand Rapids, MI area) so that I can chat with them about these same questions. I am not picky about what kind of group it is. It could be a singles group, college group, Bible study group, small group, mom’s group, or maybe we just meet some of your friends for coffee.
The broader the spectrum of people I can talk to, the better! I am hoping this gets shared far and wide! I look forward to sifting through all of the stories and thoughts to see what kinds of themes come out. I might even give you a peek at some of them sometime soon!
The Three Questions:
- Have you felt frustrated, disillusioned, “burned”, or disappointed by Christians or the Christian church? Did it cause you to leave Christianity or the church? What happened?
- What do you see as some main problems within the Evangelical Church as a whole? What lies are Christians believing?
- If you consider yourself an active, growing Christian, why are you choosing to pursue this lifestyle?
Thank you to all of you who decide to share your story and thoughts with me!